Saturday, September 13, 2008

Show Me . . .

You! (Er, me.) Today's assignment from Robert (Thoughts of a Father) is to "show me yourself," so I'm taking this opportunity to share a few updates with the pictures. In this first shot I'm modeling the lovely necklace and bracelet George brought back from Ivory Coast, West Africa--a gift to me from Soro Guebessonguile and his wife Rachelle, an African family with whom he stayed for a week and who adopted him as their father. Cool (long) story.
September 9 was my birthday, and George baked a death-by-chocolate cake! Here I am photographing it . . .
And here's the photograph I took. (Despite the number of candles, I didn't turn twelve.)
I took this shot specifically for the project. It's a self-portrait of most of me, minus the parts that get me in the most trouble.
And these are my TOMS shoes. Cute, comfy, and one small way to help a needy child. Click the link to learn more!

Now I'm heading over to Robert's place to get a look at some of you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Carletta said...

Beautiful gift!
Great pics.
Belated Happy Birthday!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even count the candles...I was too busy admiring the photo given that I saw you taking it without a tripod! Nice shoes too by the way :-)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Belated Happy Birthday! What a great series of pictures. Funny we are opposite in one way. I might let people see my head but I have too much shame about my body to let it show. Beautiful beads and beautiful birthday cake. You have a great smile too.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death by chocolate...mmmm
Great pictures...love the necklace

3:47 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

You made a puzzle out of your selportrait, lol ! I only can't find the upper part of your face !

11:04 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I would have done a partial picture of me (my first choice) too but I wanted to use my new lights and it was hard enough to shoot myself as it was. Your shots here are great. I love how you used many images to show us you. Thanks again so much for being able to participate.

11:45 PM  
Blogger brittaffeldt said...

Lovely jewelry!
That cake looks fabulous!
And from yesterday's post, I especially love the shot of your door!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

OH, I love your TOMS!!!!!! You know I will be posting mine as soon as I get them this week! And the cake...yum! I love seeing pics of you!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Happy belated birthday. Those are great shots - I love the one of you in the mirror. and the shoes are adorable. I'll have to check those out. Even though late, I'm glad you jumped in the fun. :D

1:42 PM  
Blogger CDJ said...

I really NEED to know what that greeting card says in the background of the cake shot...
I, too, enjoyed the picture of your sturdy door. And if this writing/singing/picture takin' gig doesn't pan out, it seems you might have a future at QVC?? Love the beads...can't wait for the lengthy narrative.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks - I'm glad you like the shots :) The owners of the coffee shop really liked them, too. They look really good framed. Now let's hope people buy them! :)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I'm really late at looking at your "show me" posts... The first picture is my favorite :-)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home