Friday, September 12, 2008

Show Me . . .

Robert of Thoughts of a Father has been hosting a photographic challenge all week, and I'm finally jumping in. His theme is "show me . . ." with the object changing each new day. Today I grabbed my camera and shot them all. Here are the results. On Sunday, he said "show me your mailbox."
Ours is built into the front door. Here's a close up. Monday was "show me your kitchen."
This is the only shot I didn't take today. I borrowed it from the shots I took for Anna Carson's Project Blue. Tuesday was "show me your front door."
I've always loved how thick and heavy our door is. (Here's another view of our "mailbox" too.) Wednesday was "show me an object of sentimental value."
This rocking chair belonged to my husband's grandfather. We found it in the old family barn in rural Ohio. The varnish was black and the original metal-spring, leather seat had been converted to a nest by rats. George refinished it, and I reupholstered it. Now its honeyed tones warm our hearts and our living room. Thursday was "show me a favorite view."
Photographs of my kids, each taken when they were 18 months old. My house is full of photos from many eras of our lives. I love them! Friday was "show me something that relaxes you."
When I need therapy (or just want to make music), you'll often find me here.

Tomorrow is the last day of the "Show Me" project, and the assignment is "Show me yourself!" See you then. :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are all such beautiful photos. I like how you combined all the challenges into one post...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Jeanne,
How wonderful that you were able to participate! Not that we're picking favorites here but I really love the front door picture. I love how the light is falling on the outside portion of it showing such wonderful tones. Thanks so much for joining. Looking forward to you coming back tomorrow.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Glad you jumped in. I enjoyed all the pictures.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

What a lovely post. You did an excellent job of putting the six days together. I like the angles and colors of all of them. Very beautiful. :D

7:30 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

Nice collection. I love your front door. Wow looks wonderful and solid. Rocking chair is magical and so special because of it's history. Children's pictures are always a joy and the piano - I miss mine terribly. Your photos were beautiful as always.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Jeanne!
Wow! All of these are wonderful.
So you're a photographer and a pianist too... I love that shot and the front door and well you know - all of them!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Beautiful shots, all of them. I especially like the mailbox and the front door. Great angles.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you decided to post...better late than never! I really love your front door...both it and your picture of it.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I just love all of these and I am glad you put them all together!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Lacey Lichi said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW SHOTS!! I missed the project, I am SOOOO sad. Next time. How about, we both post more pictures for the next week!? I so enjoy your work.

That chocolate cake is killing me- it looks divine and here I am on the other side of the computer!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home