Friday, January 18, 2008

Christmas in Colorado

Nineteen family members gathered at my dad's place in Eagle Vail, Colorado, for Christmas this year. In the forty-one years I've been skiing, this may have been the coldest trip ever.
The patio furniture when we arrived. We decided to eat in.

Grace braving the cold.
Cozy booties Curtis and Grace got during their September trip to Guatemala.
My niece, Anna, with a Christmas gift.
Grace and Curtis gave George this framed collection of photos from their wedding reception. If anyone was under the impression I'm reserved on the dance floor, you are now officially undeceived of that notion.
Sunlit icicles.

The newlyweds! I think they still like each other.
This is the wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom. We've been looking at it for twenty-six years and still can't figure out what's going on. (If you click the photo, you can examine a larger view. I welcome your theories in the comments!)
The view from the balcony off my parents' bedroom.
After a windstorm textured the table snow and made it look like cake icing, we added icicle candles.
Due to white-out conditions, icy roads, high winds, and avalanche danger, George, Jacob, and I were stranded for two extra days after the rest of the family barely made it over the pass to Denver. Our last night at the condo I made German potato soup, organic green salad, and a fresh whole-grain baguette. We finished off the left-over wine, too. Clearly it was a valiant struggle, but we managed to survive our ordeal and lived to tell about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home