Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Texas Reception for Grace and Curtis

On September 15, Grace and Curtis will marry on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Knowing many of our Texas friends and relatives won't be able to make that trip, we threw a big BBQ bash for them on August 11. Many people worked together to make it wonderful. I think you'll agree they succeeded . . .

Paula Brock made a beautiful, delicious mango/guava cake decorated with orchids in honor of Curtis' childhood in Hawaii.

Candles and photos of Grace and Curtis lined the buffet table.
Pam Dowd bought and arranged all the flowers. They were gorgeous! Her husband, Rodney, helped. :)
The guest book.
My friend, Tina's, daughter. She's got 'tude, baby.
Lots of people made food!
Grace and Curtis performed for a most appreciative audience.
Grace singing The Girl from Ipanema in Portuguese.
Jacob's best friend, Natalie, came from California and brought her first-born son, Lawson Jacob. The moment was as touching as the photo.
Me and a bunch of my college friends. We have fun.
It was a perfect evening. Thanks to everyone who made it happen!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary DeMuth said...

That Jacob picture made me cry.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Did you save me a piece of cake? Mango/guava. Yum.

10:06 AM  
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass said...

Wow Jeanne. Great pictures (as always)

Like Mary, I cried when I saw the picture of Natalie and Jacob. I actually caught up on blogs today and read the entry about the picture and clicked over to the pictures.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanne,
It was a total blast! Thanks for inviting me. Grace is such a darlin' and Curtis is a hoot! They make a great pair. I pray the Lord richly blesses them on this new part of their journey together.
Much love,
Paulette

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home