Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby horse!

Tuesday evening I went to a dinner at the Roseville Bed & Breakfast. When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw this baby horse lying near the fence in the pasture.
The B&B owner saw me taking pictures and came out. He told me the baby was only one day old!
The mom kept pawing at him and nudging him with her muzzle to wake him up. I think she was nervous because we were so close.

I loved it when he stood up hiney first!


Hungry baby.


Isn't he precious! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jourdan said...

Yes! So cute! What a doll! Oh, I love baby horses sooo much :) When I used to own horses my riding buddy and I would go see the baby ones that frequently graced the fields of pasture just outside my pony's pen. The owners had a breeding mare that was literally pregers ALL the time. So we got to see lots of precious babies!! Great pics by the way!

12:27 AM  
Blogger janelle said...

I love spring for many reasons. I drive about 35 miles (one-way) to work each day. We live in a rural community so as I drive, I pass fields with cattle. I love watching the calves, especially in the morning. This morning I took my camera along and stopped for a few pics before I got to work.

I just love how God gives us so many "free" things that have beauty.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that baby is just so adorable I have two of my own but I got my youngest when she was 3 so I didnt get to see her stand. I have seen my neighbors horses babies its so amazing watching them get up and prance around their mommas (: and the bed and breakfast your talking about is close to my house so I will have to drive by and see the little one

12:08 AM  
Blogger Billy Coffey said...

What great pictures, Jeanne. We have a lot of horses around here, and I'm amazed at the care and love they show one another.

You're more than a gifted writer. You're a gifted photographer, too!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home