Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thailand Album 1: Chiang Mai

This colorful fellow greeted us in the Bangkok airport.
If the boxes started falling, I don't think he would have been able to stop them.
Thai girls preparing to dance at a wedding reception.
Carved fruit and vegetables.
I can't resist an old door!
Feels like stepping into a painting . . .




Food and goods for sale at the Chaing Mai night market . . .



Grace modeling some shades.








This tree and the next three shots were taken from an elephant ride.



I can't resist photographing babies. Isn't she adorable? (By the way, this shot was not taken from an elephant ride.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Falling Around said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

I especially love the one with the ornamental lanterns (I'm guessing) hanging from the trees.

Looks so beautiful there... I'm green with envy.

10:45 PM  
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass said...

I totally love the old door! You are an amazing photographer. :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Elaina M. Avalos said...

Beautiful photos, Jeanne. I love the one of the chair with the carvings in it. But all of them are beautiful.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lost Texan said...

So beautiful. All of them. I saw you in Grace's reflection. Not you the photographer, but you as a young woman.

9:24 AM  
Blogger The McGill's said...

What incredible photographs - this pictures make me want to explore the world and learn all about new cultures. Thank you for sharing them!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each and every one of these pictures are so beautiful I don't have words to describe them.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I certainly had an amazing time taking them!

Ragamuffen, what a delight to see your name! I've missed you.

You made me smile, Lost Texan. Figures you'd see me in the one where she's being sassy. ;)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home