Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Flowers and Pixies

Last Wednesday I drove to Dallas, expecting to fly to Colorado the next day, but a blizzard interfered, our flight was canceled, and my sister and I had a day in Dallas to play.
We decided to head to the Dallas Arboretum.






The spring foliage was in full bloom, and the overcast skies provided wonderful lighting for photos.






But photographing flowers wasn't our only goal. We also brought along an assortment of dresses and accessories snatched from one of my mom's over-stuffed closets. If we couldn't be skiing in Colorado, we figured we might as well amuse ourselves with the Ever-Popular First Annual Gown Girls Spring Show and Model Shoot at the Arboretum. (I just made up that name. Work with me.)
This lovely shot was taken using my dad's ghetto-quality, cob-web encrusted tripod and my camera's self timer.
Action shots courtesy continuous shooting mode.
Raaawr!
Cute sister.

Ethereal and ephemeral. Isn't she a dream?

My imitation of a prompt garden sculpture. (The watch helps.)
Album cover.

These poses dedicated to Women's Council Founders, Margaret McDermott and Virginia Nick. Thanks, ladies; you're an inspiration!
One singular sensation
Two dweebs (if you count my reflection)
That's all, folks! (Unless our flight gets canceled again next year.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kazcath said...

You are both hysterical. . . I think I will show this to my children to show them what they have to look forward to some day!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Jeanne,
THAT was too funny! I love going to the Arboretum! I keep meaning to take my kids for Easter pictures, it just hasn't worked out yet! Thanks for the pictures~
Katy Roberts (mops friend)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Marcia Tapp said...

You are a certifiable nut. Thank you for sharing! :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Elaina M. Avalos said...

You are so silly! I love the Dogwood shots. Oh how I miss Dogwoods!

11:07 PM  
Blogger janelle said...

Beautiful pictures - and thanks for sharing the fun ones too!

You have many wonderful gifts.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hilarious! Loved them all!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home