Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Project Blue 8: Troas, A.D. 49

Welcome to the ancient city of Troas. VBS started at our church last night, and the theme is Paul's missionary journeys. I'm the city leader for the citizens of Troas. We live in a coastal city, so our veranda is draped with blue fabric to remind us of the lovely Aegean Sea.



Beneath our breezy canopy, we relax on cushions around a low table, where we nibble on raisins, almonds, and freshly baked bread while we discuss all the exciting events that took place in the market place that day. Don't you wish you could be a citizen of Troas? :)

For more Project Blue, visit Anna Carson Photography.

5 Comments:

Blogger juliana said...

this looks beautiful and slightly mysterious... i love it!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

How fortunate are you? You could have ended up covering John the Baptist and been out in the wild eating locusts and wild honey instead. Yes, Troas sounds like quite the place to be. And how nice to be draped in blue. Have a wonderful time with VBS!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Is 50 points good? How do I redeem them? I'm honored to have earned them, don't get me wrong. Perhaps upon the release of your new book, (which I'm eagerly awaiting to purchase) my point balance will be sufficient towards having my copy autographed?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

That fabric is so beautiful. I love the color and the way you have caught light and shadow. Troas certainly seems like a calm and inviting place to me.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I have been scrolling down this blog, and enjoyed all of your photo's! You have an amazing eye, and your pictures are so well composed!

Thx for visiting my blog too!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home