Saturday, June 07, 2008

Reading at the Railroad

Today I went to the Marshall Depot to read a story about a train.
This is Erin. She likes cameras.
This is a child whose name I don't know. The anti-Erin, you might say.
But just as adorable.
This is the book I read.
And this is me, reading it. Can you guess who's not paying attention?

Afterward I drew a name out of a box for a door prize.
Can you guess who won?
Have fun with your engineer hat and other goodies, Erin. Whoo-Whooooo!

(For the unabridged version, click here.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

This post goes great with my train image from yesterday! Sure looks like fun and those kids are precious!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Mary DeMuth said...

great pics as usual jeannekins. Loved the post. Wow. Anyone ever told you that you should be a writer?

I hope Geo Man comes home soon.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My sister is a local personality! I am so proud!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Raven said...

These are all beautiful. And a wonderful post. Looks to me like you had the audience in the palm of your hand.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

The moment I opened this post, my wife walked into the room and saw Erin. She immediately asked, "Who is that? She is gorgeous." I had not read a single word yet so we read it together. These are fantastic captures. What a wonderful thing to have done. Reading what you write always sparks something in me. Today I'll share one. I'm a teacher but am working a different assignment out of the classroom the past few years. I was asked by my former school to come back and be a guest reader a few months back for their Read Across America event. The kids were excited but I was beaming. Reflecting on that experience and reading about yours here makes me so excited to be returning to the classroom next year. :)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home