Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rated PG (Project Green)

Once upon a time . . .
this door was green. In the cracks and crevices of memory, it clings to a bolder past--vibrant days before sun, wind, and the relentless passage of time eroded its glory. Like an intriguing twinkle in an aging eye, traces of color hint at history and make me want to lean in close and whisper, "Tell me a story."


I previously posted this shot in my Croatia album, but it immediately came to mind for Project Green. Taken on an island off the coast of Dubrovnik. March, 2008.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen Coutu said...

I love it! I can still see that little bit of green that hasn't worn away yet.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

When I first saw it, I thought "where's the green?" and then I spotted it and read your text as well. Cool photo.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Great shot for Project Green! I was scrolling through some of your other posts and LOVE what I saw. Especially the ones from Europe! I'll be frequenting your blog more often now!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Has a soothing look to it!
I love the look of aged wood.
Terrific shot!

..."lean in close and whisper, Tell me a story." - wonderful words!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Thanks so much!

10:26 PM  
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass said...

There is something about old wood and rocks that I just can't resist. I want to touch them. And smell them.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Beautifully captured, love this weathered door! :O)

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home