Saturday, April 19, 2008

PLT: Radiant Bride

(Warning: Stuart, if you happen to land on this page before May 17, do NOT scroll down and look at the picture. Self-control. It's a fruit of the Spirit, baby. Love, Auntie J-Train)

















A couple of weeks ago I did a bridal portrait shoot with my niece. As is often the case, some of the best shots were the ones I took when she "wasn't ready." This one may be my favorite.
I chose this for Project Looking Through because I love the way the back light outlines her figure. The whole scene strikes me as ethereal and fairy-tale-ish. And what bride doesn't want to be a princess in her own fairy tale? :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Christy Amular said...

radiant photo! love it. :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

This is absolutely stunning! I'm sure she will treasure it always.

My favorite wedding photo is one the photographer caught of me and my husband laughing at something we were talking about. We didn't know he took the photo until the proofs came - it's the one I framed.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

What a gorgeous setting. The green frames your subject so well. Great job.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

What a beautiful bride!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Beautiful PLT shot. Your others are great, too. I've been trying to catch up after a busy weekend.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Karen Coutu said...

That is really beautiful! I love photos of brides in natural surroundings.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not now, but in time, she'll love this candid. The subtly of her shape is sweetly sexy...with her head turned down, it adds an air of mystery.

Wish you could've taken my wedding photos!

:)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

What a stunning shot. Absolutely lovely! It's definitely very ethereal.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind comments!

Carletta and Robin, I wish I'd had a photo-journalist-type photographer when I got married, too. Everything was so formal. Candids always seem to capture the moment best.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home